22.4 C
New York
Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Tevez’s shock West Ham return, Spurs offer claimed, Chelsea vs Man City for Ake

talkSPORT.com rounds up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from Wednesday’s papers and online…
Continue reading on talkSPORT.com

talkSPORT.com rounds up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from Wednesday’s papers and online…

2

Carlos Tevez’s possible shock return to West Ham is being discussed in the Argentine media following comments the striker made saying he could head back to east London. Tevez is now a free agent following the expiration of his Boca Juniors contract on Tuesday, and he said last week: “If I had to go back to Europe I would go to West Ham for six months to be applauded.” This possibility is now being considered, with Tevez expected to either retire or move abroad now his deal with Boca has ended. Tevez, now 36, played for West Ham in the 2006/07 season, scoring seven goals and helping the east Londoners secure Premier league survival. (Ole)

Tottenham are reported to have made approaches for Ivan Perisic, who is currently on loan at Bayern Munich from Internazionale of Milan. The Germans have decided to pass on their option to sign Perisic permanently, but he’s not wanted back at Inter so a summer transfer is expected. Both Arsenal and Spurs have been linked with Croatia forward Perisic in the past, and Spurs are said to have ‘knocked on the door’ as they open talks over the signing of the 31-year-old. (Fussball Transfers)

Jose Mourinho is known to be a big fan of Perisic, and he tried to sign him while manager of Manchester United

AFP or licensors

2

Jose Mourinho is known to be a big fan of Perisic, and he tried to sign him while manager of Manchester United

Manchester City and Chelsea will go head-to-head to sign Nathan Ake, the Bournemouth defender, with the Cherries facing relegation from the Premier League. Ake is considered one of the finest centre-backs outside the top six and the Blues have kept tabs on him ever since he departed Stamford Bridge for Dean Court. City are also interested, however, as Pep Guardiola wants to bring a new centre-half to the Etihad as Vincent Kompany has not been properly replaced since his exit last summer. (Athletic)

Leroy Sane’s move from Man City to Bayern Munich has reportedly been agreed. The deal is understood to be worth 60million euros (£54.8m) – 49m euros up front plus 11m euros in add-ons. According to reports in Germany, the City winger will join the Bundesliga champions on a five-year contract. – FULL STORY

Matteo Guendouzi could be offered in swap deals by Arsenal this summer as Mikel Arteta aims to improve his squad ahead of the 2020/21 season. Guendouzi has come under fire in recent weeks given some poor performances and alleged attitude problems, and utilising him in swap deals is a win-win for Arsenal as they’ll get him off their books but also bring in a new recruit. Arsenal are expected to have a limited transfer budget this summer. (Mail)

Rene Meulensteen says signing a world class striker should be a priority for Manchester United

Arsenal and Newcastle are interested in signing Wolfsburg striker Wout Weghorst, according to reports. The 27-year-old has scored 20 goals for the Bundesliga club this season to alert the two Premier League sides. German outlet Bild claim Wolfsburg will allow Weghorst to leave for around £32million when the transfer window reopens. Arsenal could be on the lookout for a striker with uncertainty over the futures of Pierre-Emerick Aubaemyang and Alexandre Lacazette. – FULL STORY

Manchester United will not pay any more than £50m for Jadon Sancho, reports claim. Borussia Dortmund are allegedly demanding at least £100m for the England superstar, who has enjoyed a remarkable campaign in Germany. United are strong favourites to sign Sancho and are keen admirers, but they believed Dortmund’s valuation is far too high given the financial fallout caused by coronavirus. (Sky)

Barcelona starlet Marc Jurado has confirmed his exit from the LaLiga giants in an Instagram post. The 16-year-old has turned down the chance to continue his development at the Nou Camp and is set to join Manchester United. The right-back is believed to have agreed terms with Old Trafford chiefs ahead of a £200,000 move. – FULL STORY


- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Holocaust survivor invites DeSean Jackson to tour Auschwitz after the NFL star’s anti-Semi

After NFL star DeSean Jackson shared a series of anti-Semitic Instagram posts, including a quote falsely attributed to Adolf Hitler, a 94-year-old Holocaust ...

TikTok Star Bryce Hall Shuts Down Rumor That Ex Addison Rae Is Pregnant

Fans have been hoping for an update on social media star Addison Rae, who hasn't posted on TikTok since the end of June.

Republicans Lose Their Collective Mind Over Ilhan Omar’s Call to Dismantle ‘Systems of Opp

Representative Ilhan Omar was not elected to represent the status quo. The Minnesota Democrat speaks for her constituents, and for a future in which they might ...

Jack O’Connell’s return offers Sheffield United defence added balance and security

O'Connell was back on the left side of Sheffield United's three centre-backs for their last-gasp victory over Wolves.

Recent Comments

%d bloggers like this: